AYAA is owned and operated by the Little River Band of Ottawa Indians. AYAA is comprised of two divisions, Advanced Protein Solutions and InTERRA Nutraceuticals, that are based in Traverse City, Michigan. Both divisions developed natural formulations from all-natural agriculture products.
Advanced Protein Solutions (APS) produces formulations used by meat processors to improve the nutritional value, texture, and moisture retention of their finished goods products without impacting the flavor. APS formulations can enrich all types of protein with vitamins, nutrients, and antioxidants. They also address food processor’s desire for formulations that provide solutions for their protein-enriched portfolio.
InTERRA Nutraceuticals produces formulations from an agriculture product used in lotions and drink products. InTerra means the earth. InTerra Nutraceuticals’ Ca3 is scientifically proven as ideal for issues related to muscle recovery and to address other anti-inflammatory concerns. Ca3 can be easily incorporated into any food or beverage.
The Summer Intern will be a 10-week assignment.
The Summer Intern Program seeks college or university students with major in the following disciplines: Agriculture, business administration, marketing, retail management and professional sales. Interns selected may work remotely.
AYAA is an Indian preference employer meaning American Indians and Alaska Natives who are enrolled in a federally recognized tribe shall be given preference. Non-Native candidates should feel free to apply for AYAA internships.
- Create editorial articles (no less than 2 submissions per week)
- Be proactive in searching for (and confirming) interviews or content worthy of inclusion in our publications
- Be willing to travel and cover events (in your area); must have access to vehicle and camera
- Be willing to assist Publisher develop new content ideas to increase engagement of target audience
- Re-post/share articles on Social Media websites (Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, etc)
- Work on special projects, as needed
- Working towards a Bachelor’s degree in agriculture, business administration, marketing, retail management or professional sales
- Strong organizational and communication skills with keen attention to detail and the ability to work independently
- Knowledge of MS Office applications, especially Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Experience/interest in working educational discipline
- Knowledge of American Indian and/or Alaska Native culture.
To apply for a summer internship, please send a resume by 5:00pm, EST on Monday, April 30, 2018.
Send us your resume